2023-2024 Cycle (Deadline: 4/1/2023)

8 hours ago, kate08 said:

a friend of mine from csumb got an email about their MSPA Accreditation saying ARCPA “has withdrawn probationary accreditation“ and is “forced to close the program May 2024”? no updates on their website yet, and i haven’t received any emails either

Omg! Can your friend elaborate?! I was about to apply… but do you think I should hold off?

12 hours ago, futurepagirl17 said:

Omg! Can your friend elaborate?! I was about to apply… but do you think I should hold off?

They emailed the students who were going to start in January saying that the ARC-PA has withdrawn their probationary accreditation and that they are "no longer able to provide admission" to their MSPA program January 2024. Second year students received an email saying that they lost accreditation but that the students are able to continue with their courses, finish their degree in spring 2024, and sit for the PANCE. 

I know that before the program was notified of their status, they met with students in the new cohort and were saying that if they didn't get accreditation, they'd apply for reaccreditation but who knows how that will go. They are currently hiring for a new program director so I mean maybe that could be what they need. But still, yeah, I would hold off on applying at least until we get closer to the deadline especially since they don't have rolling admission.

I have seen that they posted that they are hiring for a new program director, clinical director, and didactic director last week that’s why I was curious about their accreditation review. They were essentially cleaning house. I would think that if they want to be reaccredited it wouldn’t be in time for the class of Jan 2024 though. I would wait on applying.

3 hours ago, futurepagirl17 said:

It’s crazy how the program is still available on caspa!!! Have they officially made an announcement yet ??

It was just announced today so it will probably get taken off caspa soon! and yes the VP of academic affairs stated it today, there’s a few news articles too!