Utah independent practice

Hoping to find some answers here about this topic. I am an out of state PA but looking to work in Utah. I have been practicing since 2017 and have cleared the required 10k hours under an MD/DO. Here are my questions:

1. Does this qualify me for independent practice in Utah? What does independent practice actually mean in Utah? 

2. The affidavit of practice is still requiring me to fill out a supervision physician despite the fact I’ve meet the above requirements of 10k hours of supervision. Am I able to bypass this? How do I attest that I have 10k hours of experience? There isn’t a lot of guidance on this. I emailed them and they said they are not allowed to give advice and I have to speak to an attorney. 

Thank you in advance for your responses. 

Edited by Dynamo24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Autonomy versus Supervising Physician

One of the challenges autonomous nurse practitioners have faced is getting insurance credentialing.  Is this the case for PAs?

Nurse practitioners want credentialing from insurance exchanges | Healthcare Finance News

Also, has malpractice insurance risen in States with autonomous NP or PA providers?

Edited by lifeguard
  • Like 1