How important is it to get into the first interview session?

I've heard from one person that they have received a invitation to an interview for my number one school. I received a letter last week saying they haven't received my GRE scores (which were sent months ago, and I previously verified they received it and they had). I am getting really nervous that others are getting interviews (I know my application isn't "complete") and I haven't heard anything.

How important do you think it is to get an interview in the first section? I don't want to miss out on getting into this school and I'm kind of freaking out. Also, how far in advance of a notice did those of you who have received an interview get?

I'm getting really stressed now because I want to have the best possible chances of getting in as possible. Do people who interview in the later sessions still get invites?

Thanks!!

Depends on the school. Some programs accept limited number of applicants from each interview because they know they need X number of interview sessions. Others do rolling admissions and stop interviews when they reach the capacity.

Archived