Solo EM PA job in WA available shortly

Anyone looking for a solo per diem gig in WA state? You need acls, atls, pals, and a difficult airway course. If you want to do u/s you need 50 documented studies or a 16 hour course. PM me if interested. .They will not take a new grad or anyone with less than several years of quality EMPA experience. 

I am leaving this position after 3 years as I found one closer to home for better pay with a benefits package for part time. This is still a great gig, it's just a long drive from everywhere. 3 hrs to Seattle, 2 hrs to Portland.  7 bed ED. volume 15-25/24 hrs. Moderate acuity. Lots of EMS traffic. You see and do everything. Have delivered babies here, run multiple codes on the same shift, etc.  Lifeflight nearby. Lots of rural injuries, meth-related stuff, etc. Almost no one vaccinated for covid. They provide local housing the day before and after any shift. CRNA on call 24/7 as needed. No on site physician or physician back up most days. Most of the docs who work days I am not here are FP. EMR is meditech. Holiday and weekend differentials. Both 12 and 24 hr shifts available. 

If I lived closer I would stay on per diem, it is just a 3 day commitment for me to do 1 shift( a day to drive there, work the shift, a day to drive home). I have not turned in my notice yet as I am still scheduled to work some shifts(and I will work them or trade them), so I would appreciate that anyone who applies doesn't mention that they heard a spot is opening up...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This job is still available and desperate enough that it is now a "name your price and desired schedule" kind of situation. If I didn't already work a lot of hrs elsewhere I would be tempted to go back. The ED medical director is a friend of mine and I can guarantee an interview to anyone who meets the desired criteria and has the requisite skills. PM me for info if at all interested. High volume, high acuity, solo coverage 12 and 24 hr shifts with free housing on site. They would likely pay travel expenses now as well as they are really having trouble covering shifts.