2022-2023 Application Cycle

On 11/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, cc1231 said:

current student here. my admissions counselor told me they didn’t go down the waitlist too far and was able to get the majority of who they wanted for our class. but fingers crossed and best of luck that you come off it soon!! anything can happen! 

So does this mean they are no longer sending out interview invites?

On 11/9/2022 at 12:13 AM, JCReb said:

Hi! Any suggestions of what medical equipment to get and essential books? Lab coat? I know some might not be needed until later on in the program but I just want to see if I can get a good deal on some on the must-haves. Also, I read from previous forums that Upstate requires business casual, is that still the case? Thanks!

Hey! Essential medical equipments includes: stethoscope, pen light, pocket eye chart, tuning forks, and reflex hammers (faculty will send an email with a list later on!). In terms of books, all previous classes have e-books that we share once you guys start. I got the Netter's anatomy book as a hardcopy simply because I knew I needed it at all times and would be scrolling for ages. Everything on exams comes from professor presentations.

And yes, we are business casual and faculty takes it pretty seriously!

• Like 3

On 11/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, gabmar said:

Hey! Essential medical equipments includes: stethoscope, pen light, pocket eye chart, tuning forks, and reflex hammers (faculty will send an email with a list later on!). In terms of books, all previous classes have e-books that we share once you guys start. I got the Netter's anatomy book as a hardcopy simply because I knew I needed it at all times and would be scrolling for ages. Everything on exams comes from professor presentations.

And yes, we are business casual and faculty takes it pretty seriously!

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

hey all! did anyone attend the online accepted students day this past week? Just curious as to what was covered, excited for the in-person one in January! 

Just wondering if any current or past students could give an overview of their clinical rotations. Did you choose your own sites or were you placed? Also just a little curious on what color scrubs are required for labs 🙂 Can't wait to meet everyone!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 10:01 AM, gabmar said:

Hey guys! Current first year here. Congrats to everyone who received interviews, received acceptances, as well as spots on the waitlist (that's still a great accomplishment!) Reach out with any questions about the interview process, program itself, or any anxieties you guys are having! 🙂

What is the dress code for the accepted students day?  

Good luck everyone with your applications and interviews! 

I'm currently a second year student at Upstate. Feel free to ask me any questions about didactic year or clinicals! 

My over all impression of upstate is that its a good school and sets you up to perform well in rotations. I cant speak to its effectiveness in passing the PANCE but it historically has a high pass rate. No school is perfect but upstate is pretty well rounded. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...