2022-2023 Application Cycle

They also told us that day during the interview that because we were the first group to be interviewed, there is a high chance that if we were good, we would probably be waitlisted since it was so early in the interview process. 

I didn't know that picking the possible interview date would work against me or else I would have picked a later day. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThePAPharmDConnection said:

They also told us that day during the interview that because we were the first group to be interviewed, there is a high chance that if we were good, we would probably be waitlisted since it was so early in the interview process. 

I didn't know that picking the possible interview date would work against me or else I would have picked a later day. 

Right! I’m a little peeved myself. Still haven’t sent an email to ask but I might next week. 

• Like 1

Hi! This is my first cycle applying and I have unfortunately been dealing with some personal matters lately so have been unable to finish my supplement for upstate... do you guys think it's too late to finish and submit? I'm worried I'll spend time working and stressing over it, pay the fee, and then have it all go down the drain because it was too late 😕 Also, congrats to those who have already interviewed and been accepted!!

On 10/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, usprepa11 said:

Hi! This is my first cycle applying and I have unfortunately been dealing with some personal matters lately so have been unable to finish my supplement for upstate... do you guys think it's too late to finish and submit? I'm worried I'll spend time working and stressing over it, pay the fee, and then have it all go down the drain because it was too late 😕 Also, congrats to those who have already interviewed and been accepted!!

Nope not too late! I  submitted on 10/11 and got an interview invite today! good luck! 

7 hours ago, sarinasamira said:

Hi!! Congrats on your invite! Just wondering if you had any trouble selecting an interview date? I'm scrolling through the calendar, and is it just my computer or I don't see any dates available from Oct-March? 

The only date that was available for me was Oct 27. Maybe that date is full and the later dates will become available shortly, not sure. Sorry if I wasn’t much help!

On 10/18/2022 at 5:19 PM, Ecurtis said:

Nope not too late! I  submitted on 10/11 and got an interview invite today! good luck! 

Wow so that's a pretty quick turnaround time in terms of getting back to you with the interview! I applied back in early July, so I wonder if it's safe for me to assume Upstate is no longer considering me since they're already looking over applications sent in on 10/11? 

On 10/20/2022 at 2:44 AM, MedicineBoy said:

Wow so that's a pretty quick turnaround time in terms of getting back to you with the interview! I applied back in early July, so I wonder if it's safe for me to assume Upstate is no longer considering me since they're already looking over applications sent in on 10/11? 

I applied early August and haven't heard anything back so you're not alone!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:24 AM, AyoAvocados said:

Hi all,

I was under the impression the CASPA question in regards to alignment for their mission was 350 words. However, it is only 350 characters. Is this correct?

Hey! They have the same question on the supplemental application (with no word limit). So i put 2-3 sentences on CASPA and my actual essay on the supplemental app. 

2 hours ago, Ecurtis said:

Hi all! Just received my acceptance! Is there an accepted student page somewhere? 🙂 Good luck to everyone still applying! 

Congratulations! I was looking as well last week, and I found a SUNY Upstate accepted students group on Facebook for all programs(I still have not been added to it). Let me know if you find anything different, or if we should start one!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ck7202 said:

I am on the waitlist, good but not bad! Does anyone know if the status changes often? I know in the email it says that they’ll re-review the app  

current student here. my admissions counselor told me they didn’t go down the waitlist too far and was able to get the majority of who they wanted for our class. but fingers crossed and best of luck that you come off it soon!! anything can happen! 

Hey guys! Current first year here. Congrats to everyone who received interviews, received acceptances, as well as spots on the waitlist (that's still a great accomplishment!) Reach out with any questions about the interview process, program itself, or any anxieties you guys are having! 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gabmar said:

Hey guys! Current first year here. Congrats to everyone who received interviews, received acceptances, as well as spots on the waitlist (that's still a great accomplishment!) Reach out with any questions about the interview process, program itself, or any anxieties you guys are having! 🙂

Hi! Any suggestions of what medical equipment to get and essential books? Lab coat? I know some might not be needed until later on in the program but I just want to see if I can get a good deal on some on the must-haves. Also, I read from previous forums that Upstate requires business casual, is that still the case? Thanks!

• Like 1