2022-2023 Application cycle

31 minutes ago, AaronA said:

Hi all, my name is Aaron and I'm a current PA student with RMUoHP. I know many of you have interviews coming up in the next few weeks, so I am here to answer any questions that you may have. While I cannot give out any specifics about the interview, I can offer advice on interviewing, tell you about the program, and share my experiences. Just post your questions on here or send me a direct message. I'll do my best to check on this forum everyday or so.

Hi! Do you have any idea if there will be more invites sent out? I’ve heard nothing but great things about this program!

29 minutes ago, PAsoonski said:

Hi! Do you have any idea if there will be more invites sent out? I’ve heard nothing but great things about this program!

I am not exactly sure as to how many invites have been sent out or if spots are full... BUT I can say from my experience last cycle that there were initially 6 sessions with 25 people each. Then I am pretty sure (but not completely) they added another session or two late december after a big chunk of acceptances were sent out.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I'm interviewing on 11/14.  For anyone that has already interviewed or current students, can you talk about the interview a little bit?  How is it formatted?  Is the atmosphere pretty formal or more conversational?  Any info helps.  My itinerary mentions an ice breaker activity and a group activity.  Any insights on those?  Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, IPM22 said:

Hi all, I'm interviewing on 11/14.  For anyone that has already interviewed or current students, can you talk about the interview a little bit?  How is it formatted?  Is the atmosphere pretty formal or more conversational?  Any info helps.  My itinerary mentions an ice breaker activity and a group activity.  Any insights on those?  Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am a current student at RMU. Our interview was online, but I think the format is pretty much the same. There is an introduction to staff and program. I believe after that, everyone gets split into 2 groups (A/B), while one group interviews the other does a group activity (then they switch). Then there is a lunch with students to ask any questions you may have (I'm scheduled for tomorrow's group). Then I think there is a second interview session with different faculty members. While one group does that, the other does another group activity that's just for fun (then switch again). 

The atmosphere is conversational... I'd say the program does a great job fostering an open and fun interview environment (they know everyone is probably nervous). I can't provide much insight into the specifics of the activities out of fairness to all interviewees. However, I can say that you should just try to have fun with them! You don't need to succeed, win, or whatever with the activity to get an offer (I didn't in mine and here I am lol).

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interview on 12/5 and that's the last session for interviews I believe. I'm super excited and nervous! Congrats and good luck to everyone this cycle. 

Let me know if anyone else is also interviewing on the same date, I'd love to connect! I'm flying from out of state so it's going to be a mini trip for me. 😀