Billing/Collections for Derm Office

Hello everyone!

I started working in dermatology last year and unfortunately have run into a lot of issues with the company itself as far as billing and collections. It has been almost a year since I have been hired and still am not credentialed for Medicaid as a whole. All of the patients that I see that are Medicaid (which is a hefty chunk of our patients), regardless of subtype plan, I am being told to bill under supervising physician pending my individual enrollment and send prescriptions under my attending. I am the only provider in the office as the physician only comes to the office for a few days each month. Our pay will soon be changing to straight % of collections next month and I am not confident in this billing department and am concerned that I will not actually receive collections from these Medicaid patients even though I am seeing them and determining their plan of care. These patients most likely will never be seen by my attending unless I run into an issue with their treatment.

I have been waiting now for a few months to see my receipts to determine my collections to see if this has had an impact but am told it's always "being worked on." I wanted to see if anyone has insight on this matter to make sure that this doesn't sound off. I worked in a different state and in hospital setting prior to this job so this pay structure and billing in general are new to me. Any help on this situation would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

year in an nor credentialed

they are asking you to commit fraud and prescribe as your doc

yeah HUGE red flags here....

They are likely billing under the doc to get the 100% instead of 85%

illegal unless doc is in the suite and readily available, and even then a bit shady