2022-2023 Application Cycle

Honestly would not recommend this school to anyone. I graduated from there last year. Clinical year they don’t let you know where you’re going until literally the day before you’re supposed to go there, even if it’s 6 hours away from where you live. They don’t help you find housing. And the staff gets pissed if you ask them questions about your rotations. You’re better off somewhere else. 

5 hours ago, Lilly0808 said:

Honestly would not recommend this school to anyone. I graduated from there last year. Clinical year they don’t let you know where you’re going until literally the day before you’re supposed to go there, even if it’s 6 hours away from where you live. They don’t help you find housing. And the staff gets pissed if you ask them questions about your rotations. You’re better off somewhere else. 

This seems like a popular opinion so I'm probably going to approach this interview very chill and ask them direct questions about how they've addressed this. I've been accepted into two other programs so far and I would probably rather go to those, but I am disappointed since I did want to keep an open mind and explore other schools like Lock Haven. If this is still a problem, it's a bit annoying that they would be misleading new students into thinking that the program has secured clinical sites 😕 

Edited by Hanp56

On 9/22/2022 at 1:30 AM, Josephkane said:

Interviewed here, asked about the 3+2 students and how many of those seats will be reserved and apparently almost all (if not all) the main campus seats will go to the 3+2 kids so if you planned on going main campus you probably won’t get a seat and will be forced to a branch campus. Was a deal breaker for me, I go to a prestigious school for undergraduate and lock haven undergrads get the better seats first.

This is not true. There are 36 seats at main campus while most of the 3+2 cohorts are 10-15 people, even lower if you consider how many 3+2 students drop from the 3+2 program during the undergrad years or those who do not meet the gpa requirements. The 3+2 students do have reserved seats at the main campus, however, they are permitted to request a different campus and many of them do if the other locations are closer to their hometown or living situations. More than likely, if you're accepted here, you will eventually get into your desired campus. I was pretty far down on the waiting list for main campus when I accepted my offer and by the next week, I was offered a spot at main. 

10 minutes ago, nicolecm said:

This is not true. There are 36 seats at main campus while most of the 3+2 cohorts are 10-15 people, even lower if you consider how many 3+2 students drop from the 3+2 program during the undergrad years or those who do not meet the gpa requirements. The 3+2 students do have reserved seats at the main campus, however, they are permitted to request a different campus and many of them do if the other locations are closer to their hometown or living situations. More than likely, if you're accepted here, you will eventually get into your desired campus. I was pretty far down on the waiting list for main campus when I accepted my offer and by the next week, I was offered a spot at main. 

Are you a current student at LHU? I saw there was posted a bunch of concerns about clinical rotations. I was wondering if you have an insight of this and if this is true.

• 4 weeks later...

I was accepted and was super excited but the comments about clinicals have got  me worried. They say that it was due to covid and they are improving, but that doesn't seem to be fully true. I'm trying to weigh my options. Has anyone asked about why some students drop every year? From their website it looks like 4-6 people every year usually. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 5:18 PM, thtennis said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed on 10/31 and received a waitlist the very next day, but haven't heard back from them yet. They said they're going to review the applications and send out decisions again later. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me. Good luck to everyone this cycle! 😀

I am in the same position! I interviewed in September and was placed on hold. I haven’t heard anything back since about sending a second round of decisions. good luck I hope you hear back soon

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 9:30 AM, paapplicant124 said:

I am in the same position! I interviewed in September and was placed on hold. I haven’t heard anything back since about sending a second round of decisions. good luck I hope you hear back soon

Hello! I actually reached out to them personally to ask about my status and they gave me my ranking on the waitlist. You can probably reach out to them and they'll do the same for you 🙂

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, libby813 said:

to anyone that was accepted, how long did it take for the official acceptance letter to come in the mail? i got the offer email, but have been waiting for 2 weeks so far for the letter and i’m getting nervous.

Don't be nervous, I think it took a solid month for them to send mine! If you got the offer and chose a campus I would wait another week and then message admissions. They told me they were having issues transferring CASPA information in order to send the letters. Just make sure you are checking your spam too!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I was just taken off the waitlist yesterday, but unfortunately was placed in my last campus option in clearfield, and am currently on the waitlist for the other two. Does anyone have any clue what the movement is like in the waitlist at this point, and should I just start looking for housing now, or should I give it a few weeks first?

On 4/5/2023 at 11:49 AM, Lucas123455 said:

Hey everyone, I was just taken off the waitlist yesterday, but unfortunately was placed in my last campus option in clearfield, and am currently on the waitlist for the other two. Does anyone have any clue what the movement is like in the waitlist at this point, and should I just start looking for housing now, or should I give it a few weeks first?

Hey, I would wait a little bit longer if I was you. I was accepted off the waitlist to clearfield first and then a few weeks ago I was accepted to one of the other campuses. There seems to be a good amount of movement on the waitlists. You can also email them and ask them your place on each campus waitlist