SUNY Downstate 2022-2023 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 10:56 AM, PrePhysA2022 said:

Nope and I withdrew my application from them. Don’t like their professionalism and thankfully I already got accepted to another school so don’t have to deal with SUNY and their backward system thankfully 🙏 

I feel they are unprofessional also and their admission process is far more difficult than other schools for no reason. I try not to let their admissions department cloud my perception of the program as a whole. 

2 hours ago, futurepa9917 said:

I totally agree!! My stats were extremely competitive, thousands of pce hours, very high GPA yet I was waitlisted because the person I was interviewed by was asking me questions totally unrelated to the field and my experience. Questions were so out of the blue like what are the laws of a PA in a certain state? I just feel like its set up to make you make a mistake and not by wanting to learn about you as an applicant. Admissions is the most useless line to call, theyre literally no help and never has any sort of information. 

Their admissions is horrible and lacking professionalism. I don’t know how anyone is attracted to that school and their program. I didn’t want to be involved so I withdrew!! 
dod you get accepted into any other programs or any more interviews? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 12:27 AM, QueensNY27 said:

Ok ok got it. I guess this is when the stress kicks in… you wait for interview and when accepted or not?

Yes pretty much it’s a waiting game. You should check your portal every few days to see if they want anything changed or updated. If everything is good then you just wait and see if you get an interview. Last ones are in March I believe. And class is picked by April. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a reapplicant and I would say this interview went a lot better than last year. I submitted either end of November beginning of December. 2 faculty 15 min each. 

On 3/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, PrePhysA2022 said:

Congrats 🍾 how did it go? What questions did they ask? How long was the interview and how many staff members were there? 

The people conducting the interviews were both very nice and relaxed. Didn’t ask me anything about myself really. Mostly about why PA. My habits as a student. My clinical experience. And a bunch of scenario questions. 

18 hours ago, QueensNY27 said:

When did you submit your application? And how was it?

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:50 PM, QueensNY27 said:

Anyone has gotten an interview missing a pre-requisite or so? Or any reapplicants?

I interviewed on 02/08 without meeting the volunteer hour requirement. Now my application says "Documentation of completion of the hours will be required if admitted."

• Like 1