SUNY Downstate 2022-2023 application cycle

Hello All,

What is the exact date for the new application cycle for SUNY Downstate for 2022/23? their website doesn't say anything. On the zoom info session they said September but then I got an email from admissions saying its in August? Anyone know what is the exact date that the application opens up?

Also, If I had started a few applications in earlier cycles but didn't finish my prerequisites and withdrew can I still apply to the new cycle without any problems? ***Even though I withdrew from previous applications they are still showing in the system. Is that normal? 

Lastly, any application tips from anyone who got interviewed and accepted by them? what do they heavily rely on? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Downstates’ website states

“ Online courses will not be accepted towards the fulfillment of the core prerequisite science courses. “

I took gen biology 2 online through ucsd so I’m wondering if they’re going to take it or not. I’m only asking because an advisor had a presentation at my school earlier this year and said that they do accept it. But their website is stating they do not. I don’t want to waste my money if they’re not going to look at my application. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 10:03 PM, FuturePA20222023 said:

Hi everyone, 

“ Online courses will not be accepted towards the fulfillment of the core prerequisite science courses. “

I took gen biology 2 online through ucsd so I’m wondering if they’re going to take it or not. I’m only asking because an advisor had a presentation at my school earlier this year and said that they do accept it. But their website is stating they do not. I don’t want to waste my money if they’re not going to look at my application. 

Hi I would send the school a detailed email about the class. They will have a better response, maybe even attach syllabus with it. I am a reapplicant and I made a few mistakes of assuming rather then asking 

On 11/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, PrePA1003 said:

Im a reapplicant and I recall applying right when the cycle literally opened and received my invite in December. 

So maybe we should start looking out around that time? 

That would make sense. I think I interviewed in January last year. So I was assuming re application interviews would be before the first time applicants. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 10:03 PM, FuturePA20222023 said:

Hi everyone, 

Hello everyone, I am going to apply for this cycle and was wondering if anyone got the answer for this ? If not I was going to write them an email.

25 minutes ago, futurebrooklynpa1 said:

@Graceful2023PA it's always better to ask admissions directly, so that you don't get wrong information from someone else! They are responsive on email.

Anyone else got an email from admissions saying that online courses from spring 2022 are not accepted? That’s such a shame considering it was still at the height of pandemic 😷