Reapplicant

Do PA school compare your previous application to your new application if your a reapplicant? Is it bad to submit the same supplemental? Last year I emailed the schools that didn’t offer me an interview and they said it was because I applied late and they’re rolling admissions. So I am assuming they didn’t even have a chance to look at my application. However since my last cycle I gained more PCE hours, stronger letters, and shadowing hours. I throughly dissected my previous application and made the necessary edits. But I didn’t really change my PS because I feel like it’s very strong I just edited it and made it more structured. Last yr I did get one interview but I was placed on a waitlist.

Why take a chance? The stakes are too high to come across as one who cuts corners or is just lazy. Are you willing to take the chance that they may see your old application and look you over for submitting the same application? Programs are competitive and expensive to apply to- you want to give yourself every advantage possible! I know they do remember you and tidbits of your application b/c one program I was waitlisted and ultimately rejected from, interviewed me again the next cycle and the same faculty member who interviewed me remembered a great deal about me and my background- I ended up getting in, but chose another (Amazing!) program. I was a re-applicant and redid both my narrative and the supplemental essays… a pain? Sure, but it paid off in the end! Best of luck to you!