Remote Site Practice

I know a couple that practice or have practiced in Idaho. One owns a derm practice and has a doc come in only to review required % of charts. The other sole provider in rural idaho right out of PA school, said it was a great job but he just wasn't prepared for it as a new grad so he didn't last long.

Here's the deal. I'm tying to created a new clinic. The PA (myself) would be in the main clinic 3-4 days a week. The SP will be in a satellite clinic (another city 25 miles away) 1 day a week. He will though, have complete access to EHR (stored offsite with easy access) and of course telephone and even video conferencing to the main clinic. However, if you read the Washington laws it states that the SP must be in the site OR available by phone. But then the next paragraph it states that if the physician is not working with the PA (same office ) at least 25% of the time, then they must apply for a remote practice site application. That application says the two must work together 10% of the time. I spoke to a lawyer yesterday. He quickly admits that it is very confusing language but he, as my attorney, would advise me to comply with the most strict interpretation of the law. Thus, apply for remote and change our practice so, in reality, that SP would be in the same office as me 10% of the time.

Any personal experience with this law in Washington?

Archived