On 1/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, MERCY123 said:

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if they started sending out the interview.

I think based on the previous pages they already started interviews. Looks like there are dates in January and February? I submitted my application late because I am primarily applying to schools in the upcoming CASPA cycle but my application says it is currently being reviewed.... hoping to hear soon

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SynthCoke said:

If I get accepted, I will decline. Had an interview today and just didn’t jive with the person. It’s one on one and the whole thing lasts one hour. Then there are other interviews scheduler through the day. It seems like a conveyor belt. Wasn’t impressed.

That's unfortunate. Why didn't you jive? Any mention of how many seats are left in the class?

1 minute ago, SynthCoke said:

Can’t tell, interviewer just felt rigid and it was all a bit rushed so I had to take that into account. I think I came in with an attitude of “I might as well interview but I’m not feeling the school”.

The first person who did introductions and general info was very pleasant, though. Idk we’ll see but if anything I will leave a spot open. No mention of how many seats in the class. Worcester is accredited for 70. And Boston for another 35+, I think.

Either way, I literally asked at the end “how do you fit 70 PA students into your Worcester campus”? (So if you’re reading this, interviewer, 👍🏻). I was told there was some hybrid virtual system where professors lecture from one campus and vice versa… also no cadaver lab at Worcester. 

Gotcha. Thanks for the information. Can I ask how long it took for them to review your application? I applied on the later side, thought why not see right... I applied beginning of January and it says my application is still under review. 

Guest PA658069
5 minutes ago, MeghanC said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the information. Can I ask how long it took for them to review your application? I applied on the later side, thought why not see right... I applied beginning of January and it says my application is still under review. 

I applied early December. Invited to interview a couple of weeks after.

Guest PA658069
Just now, MeghanC said:

Good to know. Thank you. Do you know of other interview days upcoming? I read there were some in January and February.

January is over. There were about 10 spots for a specific day in February and I believe March had a few. Can’t check because the system says “you can’t schedule another interview”. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I applied to this program on January 9th, and on Caspa it says that the deadline is February 15, 2023.. I am confused because I thought the deadline was January 15th, 2023. I also have not heard anything back with regards to being rejected or about an interview, but I see that the latest post on here says they received an email saying all the interview slots are filled. I haven't received an email with that info, and my application portal still says that my application is being reviewed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 3:52 AM, Soontobepa11 said:

There program starts I year later after each cycle closes so the start date won’t be untill Jan 2024. 

the program is 24 months in length.

they have no advanced technology and all there equipment and there skills lab is old and not even up to date. 

There’s monitors in the lecture room and you do each lecture with the MCPHS Manchester pa students so the lecturer at worcester will be giving the lecture and the Manchester pa students are seeing the MCPHS Worcester students throughout the monitors and listening through the speakers and looking through the screen while the lecturer is talking.

they don’t follow an organ system based approach and there curriculum is messy having to learn pharmacology on top of infectious disease on top of pathophysiology on top of patient assessment. Very disorganized. 

it’s not very much set up for you to actually succeed and do well. Like they don’t even post their faculty on their website it’s wierd

the city of Worcester is literally trashy , the food sucks and apartments suck…..and the MCPHS building is literally one small building…. Goodluck ever finding parking. Honestly see for yourself. 

There’s like 70 Worcester pa students and 55 Manchester pa students and both program follow the same curriculum. 

lastly, I don’t think they value diversity one bit. When I interviewed 1 cycle ago, I didn’t see 1 person of color besides myself. And when I did get accepted to this program and joined the what’sapp group…. Out of 70 Worcester students, I think I was 4th person of color. I declined my acceptance to this program but representation and having a diverse class is a priority for me. 

SIDE NOTE: listed on there website for the class of 2021: 

5 withdrawals from the didactic year and. 4 decelerations in the didactic year. Not normal 

I understand the feeling of getting accepted to a pa school and saying “well I’m accepted” so imma go there and all I’m saying for any program you may choose, do your research and make sure the school sets you up for success. Cuz it’s not just the program…it’s location, the faculty, the curriculum , ect that should all be factored in. 

The information shared here is all valid to consider except the part about Worcester being trashy. I have spent a lot of time in Worcester as well as living in 5 other states besides Massachusetts… every place has some trashy people, but that doesn’t make it trashy. I love the Worcester area. 

Also, just because a program starts later doesn’t make it a bad program. A January start works better for some people’s schedules. I’m super confused why you’re in this thread negatively commenting repeatedly. VERY weird IMO. 

19 hours ago, scrublife101 said:

Thanks that does help! Was it an email?

Sorry! I thought I responded to this… It was an e-mail that came from admissions@mcphs.edu, and it said that my admission status had been updated. The website is way easier to read on a computer than a phone (I was super confused when I first checked it). 

• 1 month later...