• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RMLPA said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything or gotten an update from this program? I submitted my verified CASPA app on 07/14/22. I haven't gotten a confirmation email or any other communication from them yet. I am wondering if others are in the same boat as me. 

I submitted 5/3 and got confirmation that they received my application on 5/20, I think it just takes a while sometimes. I don't believe they've started sending out interview invitations yet, but should be soon

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AlliBess said:

I also got an interview invitation today and there aren’t any open interview dates. Very odd

Again, if you have the option to go another program, I would. Attrition rate is high and there curriculum is set up very wierd. Also, they don’t start till Jan 2024 like that’s dumb

Edited by Soontobepa11

6 hours ago, Soontobepa11 said:

Again, if you have the option to go another program, I would. Attrition rate is high and there curriculum is set up very wierd. Also, they don’t start till Jan 2024 like that’s dumb

I have actually accepted at another program, I was just curious what their interview dates were and happened to notice that there weren't any

5 hours ago, thelittlesammy said:

Do you mind explaining this in more detail? 

There program starts I year later after each cycle closes so the start date won’t be untill Jan 2024. 

the program is 24 months in length.

they have no advanced technology and all there equipment and there skills lab is old and not even up to date. 

There’s monitors in the lecture room and you do each lecture with the MCPHS Manchester pa students so the lecturer at worcester will be giving the lecture and the Manchester pa students are seeing the MCPHS Worcester students throughout the monitors and listening through the speakers and looking through the screen while the lecturer is talking.

they don’t follow an organ system based approach and there curriculum is messy having to learn pharmacology on top of infectious disease on top of pathophysiology on top of patient assessment. Very disorganized. 

it’s not very much set up for you to actually succeed and do well. Like they don’t even post their faculty on their website it’s wierd

the city of Worcester is literally trashy , the food sucks and apartments suck…..and the MCPHS building is literally one small building…. Goodluck ever finding parking. Honestly see for yourself. 

There’s like 70 Worcester pa students and 55 Manchester pa students and both program follow the same curriculum. 

lastly, I don’t think they value diversity one bit. When I interviewed 1 cycle ago, I didn’t see 1 person of color besides myself. And when I did get accepted to this program and joined the what’sapp group…. Out of 70 Worcester students, I think I was 4th person of color. I declined my acceptance to this program but representation and having a diverse class is a priority for me. 

SIDE NOTE: listed on there website for the class of 2021: 

5 withdrawals from the didactic year and. 4 decelerations in the didactic year. Not normal 

I understand the feeling of getting accepted to a pa school and saying “well I’m accepted” so imma go there and all I’m saying for any program you may choose, do your research and make sure the school sets you up for success. Cuz it’s not just the program…it’s location, the faculty, the curriculum , ect that should all be factored in. 

Edited by Soontobepa11
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know if there's another round of interviews?

I submitted an application to MCPHS but chose Boston campus initially however as an international student, despite getting an interview from Boston MCPHS they had to take it back as my pre-reqs were done in Canada, and so they suggested i apply to the Worcester or Manchester campus instead. As such I applied to the Worcester campus later (Aug 24) and so I am unsure if I still have a chance or will hear from them and was wondering if anyone knows if there will be more interviews. Not sure if I should keep hope for hearing from this school anymore 😕

3 hours ago, applicant20 said:

Does anyone know if there's another round of interviews?

I submitted an application to MCPHS but chose Boston campus initially however as an international student, despite getting an interview from Boston MCPHS they had to take it back as my pre-reqs were done in Canada, and so they suggested i apply to the Worcester or Manchester campus instead. As such I applied to the Worcester campus later (Aug 24) and so I am unsure if I still have a chance or will hear from them and was wondering if anyone knows if there will be more interviews. Not sure if I should keep hope for hearing from this school anymore 😕

I believe that this is only their first round of interview invitations and interviews don't even start for another month or two, so I wouldn't give up hope on hearing from them yet!

• 1 month later...