UVU (Utah Valley University) 2022-2023 CASPA Cycle

Got an Invite! Stats are:

CGPA: 3.05

SGPA: 3.01

Bio major/Chem minor 

In-state resident

PCE: 10,600 hours 

Recently started nursing school and got all A's my first semester so I really think that helped me. 

Volunteer: ~100 hours

Shadowing: 50-100 hours

This is my FOURTH year applying to PA schools. And I believe 2nd or 3rd year applying to UVU. Don't give up! If I can get in, anyone can. 👌

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zildjian311 said:

Got an Invite! Stats are:

CGPA: 3.05

SGPA: 3.01

Bio major/Chem minor 

In-state resident

PCE: 10,600 hours 

Recently started nursing school and got all A's my first semester so I really think that helped me. 

Volunteer: ~100 hours

Shadowing: 50-100 hours

This is my FOURTH year applying to PA schools. And I believe 2nd or 3rd year applying to UVU. Don't give up! If I can get in, anyone can. 👌

Hello! As far as the Kira interview is it more traditional questions??

1 hour ago, creamcheeese said:

The practice round questions were unexpected to me.. alot of answers that required you to be creative and think on your feet. I would say it’s more fun than testing your knowledge and reason for applying to this school? Not sure if the real thing will be similar to the practice round questions.

It was kind of similar, straight forward questions to see how your problem solving skills are in different situations

• Upvote 1

Submitted/Verified June 30, Kira invite on 8/17

out of state, non-traditional student (older than avg PA applicant), first time applying, undergrad GPA 3.01 / post-bacc science GPA 3.93 / overall GPA 3.20 / overall science GPA 2.91, HCE 3,132 / PCE 16,480 (mostly EMT) , PA shadowing 12hrs, volunteer 709hrs

Does anyone know if Kira  is like CASPer?? or is it like Snapshot?? or not like either?

Best of luck to everyone!

On 8/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Kenp1 said:

Would any of you mind sharing stats who received a Kira invite? I got denied today, and I feel like I had relatively good chance so I’m very curious!

thanks in advance 

GPA: 3.1

sGPA: 2.9

HCE: 10,000 CNA

Volunteer: 50 hr

PA Shadowing: 3 hr

This is my 6th year applying. Hopefully better luck this time around.....

On 8/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Kenp1 said:

Would any of you mind sharing stats who received a Kira invite? I got denied today, and I feel like I had relatively good chance so I’m very curious!

thanks in advance 

Out of state applicant

GPA 3.92

sGPA 3.95

PCE 12,000 hrs as a ER charge nurse

PA shadowing -- work with PA's daily

Volunteer 300

Leadership- student body president, collegiate athlete, charge nurse

fancy my chances...

I got my first rejection from UVU. I’m an in state applicant and am not sure what happened. However, best of luck everyone with their apps. 

cGPA - 3.91 

sGPA - 3.84

PCE - 3210 (MA) 

HCE- 2964 (Lab tech at hospital) 

Volunteer hours - 420 + (childrens hospital ED, Ghana humanitarian trip) 

Research - 294 + 

Shadowing - 28 

4 LOR - NP, RN, PA and Professor 

Involved with multiple school organizations - Diversity/inclusivity, PrePA club, etc. 

graduating in December of 2022. 

11 minutes ago, creamcheeese said:

I got an email with an interview invite at the very end of the day yesterday at 3PM PST. I'll be traveling from out of state, does anyone know if airbnbs or motels are the way to go? Is a rental car a must-have, or can I survive off ubers?

Unless you plan on doing a lot of exploring, you could go without using a rental car. If you fly into SLC, take the Trax train to North Temple Station, then you could take the Frontrunner from SLC to Orem. The Frontrunner will drop you off right next to the campus, and you could stay at Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn and Suites, which is just across the way from UVU. Everything could be within walking distance.

Edited by 68W1PtoPA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2022 at 10:22 AM, creamcheeese said:

I got an email with an interview invite at the very end of the day yesterday at 3PM PST. I'll be traveling from out of state, does anyone know if airbnbs or motels are the way to go? Is a rental car a must-have, or can I survive off ubers?

Totally agree with what @68W1PtoPA said. Personally, I don't love Trax and FrontRunner BUT lots of people love it and use it daily. I just don't like to rely on public transportation. Something else to keep in mind, when I interviewed out of state I liked to travel around to look at potential living situations, so if UVU is one of your top choices, you may want to have your own form of transportation to drive around and get a feel for if this is somewhere you want to live. Plus day of the interview, you don't have to rely on walking in the heat and getting sweaty or relying on an Uber to pick you up on time. Just my 2 cents. I've rented cars with Turo and it's usually not very expensive and the benefits for me way outweigh the cons.

Hotels aren't too expensive so that would definitely be the way to go over an airbnb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1