2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi centosan, no I received actual snail mail letters. The first letter said thank you for your interest in Mercy College and to complete my admissions profile by submitting required documents. The second one was to inform me that my file was incomplete and to submit my supplemental application.

Hi bhtoon1, I received the first snail mail you mentioned of about the admissions profile. Not exactly sure what to do with it. What am I supposed to send exactly to that address?

And I never received a 2nd snail mail, perhaps because I already submitted and paid the supplemental application...

hey guys i received an email from the program coordinator stating "Dear Mr. Pacifico,

We have received your CASPA Application for the 2013 entering class and are now in the process of review.

Your application shows that you are missing Biochemistry and advanced biology which can be neuroscience, genetics, immunology – any upper 300 level human biology course. It also shows that too many courses were taken in a community college. As per information posted on our mercy college website - “ At least two of the following courses (human physiology, microbiology, biochemistry) MUST be completed at a four-year institution. The advanced human biologic science course (300 level or higher) MUST be completed at a four-year institution”. These requirements are part of the prerequisites and must be completed before entering the program.

Please let us know how you plan to complete these requirements so that we can continue processing your application."

therefore id pretty much have to take biochem, and retake micro/ap at a 4 year university which i have absolutely no problem doing (boost gpa in the process) .... but I was wondering if you think that they would offer me an interview if i complete these courses, or that this is just standard protocol to send out an email like this?

Hey @PAPac44, I received a similar email just now. But it was because of my primary care hours were incomplete. So I just told them that I plan on completing it before matriculation and when etc. Though whether or not this is an optimistic sign I don't know. But then again why bother asking if they're not really considering us... But I'm just trying to think optimistcally, It could totally be the other way around.

Archived