reinvent the way we certify ( NCCPA PANRE)

AS our profession has evolved dramatically over 50+ years, the one thing that has remained essentially unchanged is a written standardized test that has been given since the 70's and required to take every 6 years and now every 10 years with the option of a "take home" version given over 2 years.  Standardized testing which the PANCE is, has a definite role in what we learned during the previous 2+ years with testing done weekly and sometimes more often.  Once the PANCE is passed I do not believe standardized testing has any place to maintain certification which has come to be necessary to pass even in states where it is not necessary to practice.  This morning I saw an ad about the importance of having that "C" with little snippets from several PA-C's none of whom have seen their mid thirties or even 30 years old!!!  As we get older, standardized test taking can become a problem and by its own definition does not define how well we practice everyday for years and decades.  Look up the pro's and cons of standardized testing!  In my opinion, maintaining CME and logging every 2 years should be sufficient once the PANCE is passed.  We have evolved as a profession to far to allow a written test to define who we are.