Graduate program before PA school

12 minutes ago, archi said:

Hello, 

I graduated from WKU and trying to get into PA school. 

I am planning on doing masters through liberty university- is it worth it? 

Is an online masters from liberty university worth it before PA school? 

What is your motivation for the masters? Is it just to raise your grades or get some edge in getting into a PA program, or do you really want the degree for some reason?

If you're wanting a master's degree to make up for low GPA in undergrad, make sure you choose a rigorous program that will challenge you and show that you can handle the work in PA school.  Take a few years to do it well.  I'm not familiar with Liberty's graduate programs, so I can't really help with that part of your question.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:29 AM, archi said:

just to make my application stronger - in regards to academics 

So you're saying that your grades in undergrad don't measure up? You could take a masters but only if you want the degree and somehow it opens the door to something you might do if you never become a PA (or even if you do). Otherwise you could just take the courses you need or are interested in without having to take certain ones for a specific degree. We see a lot of that in PA program applications.

• Upvote 1

My advice is retake some of the courses rather than getting into more debt by doing another Masters Program. It also depends on how your GPA is as of now. If it’s above 3.0 and you are doing another Masters to improve it then not worth it in my opinion. But if it’s 2.7 you can take a rigorous masters course and get a 4.0 and raise that above 3.0 with solid healthcare experience OR retake some of those science classes to boost your GPA. Either option should work.