New Grad Derm Offer ~ any input greatly appreciated!

Hello PAs! I am a new grad and was recently offered a job in dermatology. For the 1st 3 months, I would work 20hrs/week at $50/hr while being trained with lots of education and lectures included. I would also be required to do lectures around the city in order to generate more patients. After this time period, if there's enough patients scheduled for me then I will go full time with a base salary of $85000. The practice is very busy with one of the docs easily seeing over 60 pts a day so I know there's a need for mid-level. I am wondering if this trial period with the big IF at the end is normal in derm?

Also if you have any input on what I should request in benefits would be so appreciated. Production bonus percentage? Paid Vacation? CME reimbursement? 401K with what % employer match?

Thank you all so much and please let me know what you think!

• 2 weeks later...

I think your offer is average for a new grad. Derm is a tough field to get into as a new grad so I say go for it. Just make sure you sign a short contract, no more than one year, and let them know there will be some renegotiating at that time for salary, as you should be at six figures quickly if the office is that busy.

Archived