Need advice on gre score and seeking study partner (jacksonville, fl)!!!

After completion of my GRE lst Friday, I was mortified when I saw my results. I still haven't gotten over the embarassment because my scores were marginally low (below 1000), e.g., Quantitative 140/Verbal: 138, and what's worse is that I regretfully submitted my scores to UF without thinking. FYI, I studied for 2.5 months prior, but I believe that my failure was caused by panic,:sweat:, and the questions which posed major difficulty compared to what I had practiced. For over a year, I've maintained high hopes about the possibility of getting accepted into their Physician's Assistant Program. But based on my recent score, that notion seems bleak. Their website states that they won't even consider an applicant for interview if the score is below 1000. Lord knows that I would give my left limb not to retake this exam over again, but it seems that I don't have a choice. The deadline to apply to UF is October 1st. I have a 4.0 in all prerequisite areas, my undergrad GPA is 3.2, and I have well over 3,000 hours of patient care experience.

1.) Is there anyone living in Jacksonville who would be willing to study with me in Jacksonville, FL?

2.) Is there any advice that you can offer to boost my chances of getting in?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Hey, sorry to hear about your GRE.. The whole process of applying is very stressful.

I just wanted to point out that you need to be sure to say Physician Assistant not:

For over a year, I've maintained high hopes about the possibility of getting accepted into their Physician's Assistant Program.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a jerk or nit pick, but people get really up in arms about it, especially admin committees from what I've seen elsewhere on this forum. Maybe it was a typo in the heat of being upset, but I just wanted to point it out to make sure you don't say/ write it when talking to your school.

Good luck, all of this will make that eventual acceptance all the better...

Do you have the Princeton review book? I am a HORRIBLE standardized test taker ( high school GPA 3.7 but yet my SAT score was so low I needed special permission for admission into college), and the Princeton GRE book really helped me. I scored 152 V 149Q and 4.5AW. I know these aren't amazing scores but like I said I'm a horrible standardized tester...

Princeton review was very applicable to the GRE especially the analytical writing section. I feel like I could have studied way more than I did, and I know if I study that book some more & combined with my experience of already taking the test once--I can get those scores up towards the 160s.

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

Thanks Suz-pa! I actually purchased the Princeton Review as a final alternative to my previously used Kaplan & Barron books, (the Kaplan book turned out to be a complete waste of time and money). The Princeton book is far more engaging and readible. I feel more confident, now that I am gliding through the study material, and not struggling to understand the concepts. I appreciate you rooting for me. I need all the help that I can get. :-)

Archived