Working pa, query on current distance learning programs

Seeking working professional DLO that is NOT A.T. Still or UNMC (already fully detailed on these programs, thanks):

One of my best friends / peers /Alums made it through University of Nebraska prior to its new expanded massive tuition and protracted program...I am currently working grueling hours as a Hospitalist. Also have a very supportive Attending and HR: Nutshell: they may be willing to pay for something not in the high altitude range of A.T. Still or the new and improved by $10,000 plus cost of UNMC in the last few years.

Does anyone know of or can steer me toward a DLO M.S. for PA transition from B.S. level to M.S.? Accredited, of course, and geared for the working PA?

I have twelve and a half years as a PA.If all of the old DLOs have gone in to standard University Graduate School rates, I can accept that truth. Have reviewed many sites and paying up to $645/credit, that's an intense prospect for myself and my employer. (Note to those not aware, University of Nebraska's program was approx $3,600 total program cost, slowly rising to current five digits.). Heard there may be an old DLO in Texas that is still low cost, accredited, and for working PA with B.S. ...have not been able to locate.

Will greatfully accept any PM or thread response to the query.

P.S. (This is not a prePA or PA Student inquiry-no offense. I am a working/licensed PA.)

Guest Paula

I was just accepted in the Touro University DLO program. $4500 for the one year program. I start in mid-August. Their address: http://www.tuw.edu. They have rolling enrollment and the application is simple. It appears to be a new DLO program so tuition is reasonable. I was in same boat as you looking for an affordable program and my employer will allow me to use my CME account to pay for tuition. This program will allow for payment plan, too.

I was just accepted in the Touro University DLO program. $4500 for the one year program. I start in mid-August. Their address: http://www.tuw.edu. They have rolling enrollment and the application is simple. It appears to be a new DLO program so tuition is reasonable. I was in same boat as you looking for an affordable program and my employer will allow me to use my CME account to pay for tuition. This program will allow for payment plan, too.

WOW! that's super cheap. I'm halfway through ATSU's APA program which is a post graduate PA MS finishing program that is DLO. It costs 3x that and its 2 years. I don't know if touro's is the same, but it has clinical courses that expand on what we learned in PA school. For example, I am finishing clinical derm this quarter. But man had the Touro prog been around, I would've went that way.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Check out Pace University PA completion program. It is a one year Jan to Dec program that costs 10,000. I just completed a one semester program at University of Texas Pan American Bridge to Master Program. It costs somewhere around 4000 but that is for TX residents and out of state would cost up to 9000 i believe. However I applied for a scholarship and they gave me 1000 and that somehow qualified me for instate tuition as well ( don' t know how) and it dropped my cost to a little under 4000 and I am from NY. Speak to the director about that. For the same money you might as well go with the Texas School since you will finish in a semester and get the MPAS degree. The program isn't difficult at all.

GL

Guest Paula
WOW! that's super cheap. I'm halfway through ATSU's APA program which is a post graduate PA MS finishing program that is DLO. It costs 3x that and its 2 years. I don't know if touro's is the same, but it has clinical courses that expand on what we learned in PA school. For example, I am finishing clinical derm this quarter. But man had the Touro prog been around, I would've went that way.

The classes are Epidemiology, bioethics, evidence based medicine, a master's project (that will take up the full year), and I think a topic on health care administration. I'm hoping it will all go ok......you know...back to the books, plus work, plus life, plus....etc.

The classes are Epidemiology, bioethics, evidence based medicine, a master's project (that will take up the full year), and I think a topic on health care administration. I'm hoping it will all go ok......you know...back to the books, plus work, plus life, plus....etc.

Sounds like a great program. Have fun and knock it out.

Archived