2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 11/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, bumperscars said:

Does anyone have any details on what “on hold” means besides what was said in the email? Like timeline, chances, anything really lol 

I know at least for their medical school application, someone got placed on hold in September and got an interview in January. The fight aint over yet!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, gabmar said:

Just got an interview for 11/18!! My first interview ever this cycle!

I know there are 2 interviews, both 25 minutes each, are they back to back or do you have to sort of get through the first one and get an email to sign up for the second?

Holy CRAP I got in!! I had to reschedule my interview for 12/7 and received my acceptance the very next morning! It feels so surreal after so many rejections. For anyone still interviewing or waiting to hear back - I believe in you! So many things to consider but I can't wait to meet everyone when I decide!! 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gabmar said:

Holy CRAP I got in!! I had to reschedule my interview for 12/7 and received my acceptance the very next morning! It feels so surreal after so many rejections. For anyone still interviewing or waiting to hear back - I believe in you! So many things to consider but I can't wait to meet everyone when I decide!! 🙂

WOOO Congrats!!!! hopefully we’ll get to meet ☺️. all ya hard work paid off~

• 1 month later...

I interviewed on 10/28 and was added to the alternate list on 1/7! I am considering this good news since many people say the waitlists are fluid and that it's hopeful - has anyone else been waitlisted this cycle or in the past by SUNY Upstate and have good stories to share? I know they do not disclose your ranking on the list, but what are the odds a seat becomes available? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:54 PM, eruggieri said:

I'm planning on buying a tablet with a detachable keyboard for taking notes and studying. Does anyone have any recommendations/know what people typically use at Upstate? 

I have an Apple iPad - I believe it's the iPad Pro and I swear by it. I have a detachable keyboard that works really well if I want to take notes after my hand gets tired from writing. It makes it really easy to screenshot and import photos into your notes on other apps including Microsoft Word or things like Goodnotes. It got me through anatomy in undegrad because of its features (including the ability to dual screen without needing a monitor) with my textbook on side and slides on the other. I'm sure it'll definitely be helpful in the program!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:54 PM, eruggieri said:

I'm planning on buying a tablet with a detachable keyboard for taking notes and studying. Does anyone have any recommendations/know what people typically use at Upstate? 

Hello, 

I'm currently a first year PA student at upstate. I use a Microsoft Surface Laptop. It has a detachable key board so I can use it as a tablet as well. Being able to write on the screen is a huge help during classes, especially Anatomy during the first semester. Feel free to ask any questions! 

Nate 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, Nate28 said:

Hello, 

I'm currently a first year PA student at upstate. I use a Microsoft Surface Laptop. It has a detachable key board so I can use it as a tablet as well. Being able to write on the screen is a huge help during classes, especially Anatomy during the first semester. Feel free to ask any questions! 

Nate 

What app do you use to take/edit notes? Everyone seems to be raving about notability but I really prefer not to spend more money on a ipad when I have a laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 11:30 PM, KH757PA said:

What app do you use to take/edit notes? Everyone seems to be raving about notability but I really prefer not to spend more money on a ipad when I have a laptop.

I Study off the PPTs, Use Quizlet (made by other classmates), ANKI, and the PPP. 

I use multiple study methods since Ive found its the best way not to miss any small details. I don't think anyone in my class uses that program so its not a must have.