Letter of Recommendation from a Sociology/Psychology professor

Hi everyone!

If I have a letter of recommendation only from a psych/sociology professor (I have one from a pharmacist and currently trying to secure one from a PA), is this looked down upon? I have reached out to my organic chemistry professor but I only spoke to them a handful of times and truly, my psych/sociology professor will be able to write a much stronger letter. Thanks for any responses!!

1 hour ago, gvelasquez said:

Hi everyone!

If I have a letter of recommendation only from a psych/sociology professor (I have one from a pharmacist and currently trying to secure one from a PA), is this looked down upon? I have reached out to my organic chemistry professor but I only spoke to them a handful of times and truly, my psych/sociology professor will be able to write a much stronger letter. Thanks for any responses!!

Getting a letter from someone who knows you well enough to talk about you in ways you can't is generally a good idea.  If that's your psych prof, so be it.

I would recommend that you also consider getting a letter from someone who saw you getting patient care experience because they might best be able to talk about your skills and interest in that area.

Good luck!