• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ditto for me, I applied the last week of August and got a confirmation the last week of September...I called in November to make sure I didn't miss anything, and they said not to worry, they do an early round of acceptances and they keep some seats open til the very last CASPA applications are received. Hoping to hear back soon.

Congrats kopczh55! For me, the interview was open field and very personal. The interviewers were really nice. 3 people will interview you at the same time, I had 2 faculty and 1 PA from the outside. The questions they asked were about things I wrote in my personal statement and supplemental essays. To be honest, I thought I was for sure not getting in after my interview, but I got a call 2 days later! I think they liked that I was very real with them and was just being myself, and I wasn't trying to say things to impress them or sound rehearsed. Good luck!!

Thank you SO much Laneyb28! Your advice is greatly appreciated! I'm actively trying to prepare for the interview, wondering what questions they may ask! (Hopefully nothing too crazy!) I also saw that there was a writing assignment on the itinerary. I'm assuming the writing assignment isn't anything too intense, but correct me if I'm wrong :). Hopefully I will be in your class for this upcoming cycle!

Luke- I was worried about the same thing because I'm from California but the financial aid office told me that yes that is the case. He said you just have to fill out paperwork showing you've lived in the state for one full year and then after that the tuition becomes in-state for your 2nd and 3rd year.

Lainey,

Thanks so much for you quick response this helps so much!!

If I could bounce one more thing off of you that would be amazing! I was also accepted into the Arcadia dual degree PA/MPH degree beginning in May 2013. Arcadia was the first school that I interviewed with, and the first school that I heard back from. I put my deposit down soon after receiving the letter to make sure that i had a seat somewhere.

After being accepted to UMDNJ I have a tough decision to make. UMDNJ is an amazing program but I'm not sure if I should go for MPH as well at Arcadia and get both degrees within three years. It seems like UMDNJ is a better designed program, it is longer and costs more but also allows for some down time. Any thoughts?

I have to make a decision by today!! :=-0:

Thanks so much!

No problem! I am no expert here but I think it just depends what is important to you and which school you liked more and felt more comfortable at. For me, my goal is to become the best PA I possibly can be so I have chosen UMDNJ (starting this upcoming August) because I feel that the way their curriculum is set up and the three year length will help me achieve that. It seems like the students are very prepared when it is time to go out into the field, and I also just felt very comfortable on my interview day and enjoyed the faculty that I met. The cost is definitely a downside especially because I'm from out of state too, I could easily go to a school that would be cheaper but I feel like the education and experience is worth the cost. Plus, you are probably going to be in debt regardless of what program. Of course it'd be nice to have less debt after graduation but again I think that's a personal decision you have to make. Just to mention again though, I'm no expert and not even a student yet so I'd take my advice with a tiny grain of salt because I can't speak from an actual UMDNJ student perspective.

I know it'll suck to lose the money you paid for the Arcadia deposit, I just don't know much about that program so I'm not sure if I can really help there. I think you have to ask yourself if you will use your MPH degree or not. I'm really not sure if that second degree will help you with job and salary offers, it may or may not depending on the employer. I don't know much about that part, sorry!

Good luck with making a decision and we'll be classmates if you choose jersey! :)

Hello all,

So I have a quick question in regards to the interview at UMDNJ. I really want to go to my interview on January 26th, but I fear that most applicants who interview at this point in time will be waitlisted. I fear being out so much money from the flight there as well as the hotel costs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering if applicants are interviewing this late, and are still getting accepted into the program!

@Laineyb

Thanks so much for all of your incite!!! Your input was a huge help in making my final decision. Sent in my deposit today!! see you in August!! :-)

@kopczh55

I interviewed somewhat early in the month of January and got a call the next day offering me a seat. I don't think the seats are filled yet and I would definitely make the effort (During the interview i alluded to the fact that it felt late in the game to be hearing from them. They laughed, sort of implying that they weren't near the end of the admissions process). Don't know if this is helpful. Good luck!!

Archived