Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jminugh
      Did anyone study some type of resource in advance for their ER rotation during clinical year? If so, what book/resource did you use? I have it as my first rotation and I am extremely interested in doing ER in the future so I definitely want to impress. Any tips would be great!
    • By limabean
      Hello! I'm a semi-new grad PA-C who has been on the job hunt in my state for the past few months. There's a local FT vaccine clinic opportunity for APPs that I'm interested in applying to, but the post doesn't have a lot of details on what the responsibilities of the PA-C would be. Other similar job openings have a range of different tasks listed, with some being as simple as just administering vaccines, while others have the PA provide necessary patient education, monitor patients, etc. I could also see the PA being utilized to help direct care should adverse reactions occur, etc., but I haven't seen it explicitly listed on any job posts I've seen.
      I was wondering if anyone here has worked in a COVID vaccine clinic or knows someone who does, and could provide more insight into what you do day-to-day in your role?
      Thank you for your time!
    • By greenmood
      I find this troubling. I had this sense close to the beginning in mid-December, as I watched people without direct patient care posting selfies of their vaccine cards, that something might not be quite right. My hospital seemed to be doing the right thing, but then today I heard about vaccinations going to staff who are 100% telework and without other qualifying demographics. Just working for a healthcare institution does not justify a healthy young person without increased risk receiving this vaccine ahead of the elderly and high risk. I know for a fact that the nursing homes in my area haven’t been fully vaccinated. Even some of the inpatient nurses on non-Covid floors haven’t gotten shots yet, and they certainly qualify as “essential.”
      I don’t know where this communication breakdown began between the CDC, states, and institutions, and it’s enraging that this is being so poorly managed on such a wide scale.

NYT article

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More