Resident tuition in second year?

Hello! Does anyone know if it's possible to apply for Idaho residency and get the in-state tuition rate for the second year of the program? I'm not clear on this from reading the website. I'm seeing that they won't grant waivers to out-of-state students for the first year, but it looks like if you live there for 12 months and are in a graduate program you may qualify to become a resident. Thanks in advance!

Edited by AnnaSun14
clarification of info

Hello! I was equally confused, but after talking with Kit and a lady in the financial office, they both said that you CAN qualify for in-state tuition the second year. It seemed like you literally just had to live there, but as the school year approaches I'm definitely going to have some more conversations with them to make sure I fully understand exactly what has to be done to make sure a $40k whoops doesn't happen haha. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I just talked with someone over residency in the Registrar's office, and turns out the in-state tuition possibilities are even better than I had previously thought. He said that once you have been leasing/owning in Idaho for 12 months, you can submit a form and provide documentation of your lease to start paying in-state tuition right away, even before your second year starts potentially. So if my wife and I started renting an apartment in Idaho by mid-May, then I would only have to pay out of state tuition for the first 2 semesters of school and would qualify for in-state tuition for the following 4 semesters starting in May 2022. I guess it'd cost a few extra thousand to rent for those few months, but he said each semester of in-state tuition saves you about $8,300-8,400, so it may be worth it in some circumstances. 

• Upvote 1