HELP! 3rd year student (rotations) PA program accredited, but university is NOT!"

Hi!I am a 3rd yr. P.A. student from Mountain State University. I am currently on my second rotation of 9 clinical rotations, 4 weeks each. I have completed 2 years of didactic phase. I went into the program without a bachelor's degree, and the program itself is a Master's program. Our main campus lost its accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission, however, our P.A. program remains accredited by the ARC-PA until 2017. Our director has informed us of a possible "teach-out," yet other sources have stated that the HLC is unlikely to grant it. If a teach-out isn't granted, any ideas on what I should do? I know that most programs, if not all, do not except transfer students.Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!Thanks!!Britt Addair

Let not your heart be troubled my friend. I'm not sure who told you the HLC is unlikely to approve a "teach-out" plan but that is complete hog-wash! In fact, it is the policy of the HLC that requires MSU to teach out "all students expected to graduate within the next year'.

Relax Brittany..it's only been four days. Give it some time to work itself out:)

We will be just fine.

Michael C, Class of 2013

Archived