Nyit

Guest armynavy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Doug,

NYIT was a perfect fit for me do to its location where I could commute easily, thier tuition at the time was reasonable and most importantly I felt very comfortable with the faculty. Even now almost 4 years after graduation, I have not met for informed and personable faculty.

Good luck with your decision

Keith

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest aml17

I have been accepted to NYIT for the class of 2013. There was a snowstorm the day of my interview so I did not get to check out much of the campus, and we were not able to meet with current PA students. Could anyone share their thoughts about life at NYIT? The campus atmosphere, rigor of the program, three year vs. two year at other colleges, housing situations? Thanks.

most programs are between 24-28 mo... NYIT is 32 mo... the classes are a pain in the butt, just like every where else.. whats makes NYIT stand out is 1) the clinical sites, 2) the networking/professors/alumni, and 3) full cadaveric dissections.. we meet with students when I interviewed. They were very satisfied with the program.. The campus is a fairly large campus, and we get full access to the medical library there.. we will be in the same two buildings as the DO-Ss, and we wont really mingle with any other graduates and undergraduates.. were stuck together for 3 years!! lol. Housing? There's some dorms at CW Post, the college next to NYIT.. it is the suburbs so there's some housing and apartments around this area..

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello All,

I am a new user to this website. I have an interview at NYIT 2 weeks from now. Can anyone help me of what questions to prepare and I heard there will be an essay --does anyone know on what kinda topics are they going to concentrate on? Also I haven't taken my GRE's yet ..will that be a disadvantage..hopefully not. I am assuming they will make a decision based upon my completion of the GRE and I have a math class which I will be taking in spring. My GPA so far is 3.65 (only Pre-reqs).I have an engineering background and masters in electrical engineering. Did shadow 2 PA's and worked as research assistant for an year. This is all about myself. I would really appreciate any kinda suggestions and help with regard to preparing for the interview.

Archived