When to create a CASPA

Keep in mind that CASPA will transfer over most inputted information except letters of recommendations (and maybe personal statement?), each year. Personally, I filled out CASPA a couple months before what is considered to be an "early" date to submit and I felt just fine about everything, so to each their own.

One thing I would suggest doing ahead of time is manually inputting all prerequisites required unless you'll choose to pay and have that done for you (that was one of the first things I did carefully and had no issues and paid no extra money). 

Nothing impeded me personally by doing it only a couple months in advance---just make sure to keep your future recommenders in mind or let them know that you'll be needing a letter from them, preferably somewhere in writing where they can respond "yes or no" and you can provide them with that proof when time comes to ask for it. That was probably the biggest pain, if you ask me.