PCE- COVID testing tech?

I left my job as an EMT this summer (honestly I couldn't handle the stress and the culture and the lack of support anymore...), and have been working for various organizations doing COVID testing ever since.  My role varies, but usually I'm performing mid-turbinate nasal swabs.  Any thoughts on whether these hours could count towards PCE?

I'm debating on returning to EMS this spring to rack up more hours and experience and feel more involved with the pandemic and all, but would really rather keep COVID testing and working at a local shelter. I have roughly 2,000 hrs of PCE to date (all as an EMT-B). Career wise I'm most interested in addiction medicine, community-based care, LGBTQ focused care and rural medicine.

Any thoughts?

I started out as an EMT-B at a 911 company and I know what you mean by the culture! Terrible company, I only stayed there for a few months to get hours and then left. Im actually an ER tech now, you could look for a job as a tech! 

As for the COVID swab position, I would contact schools your interested in applying to and get an answer straight from them. I feel like a lot of schools don't have that listed on their website under PCE but many might (some might not) count it with those positions being everywhere now with this pandemic. 

• Like 1