MEDEX Anchorage Interview 10/17/2020

Hey fellow Pre-PA's!

I noticed there was not a forum for those accepted to interview with MEDEX on 10/17/2020 for the Anchorage campus. I figured I'd start one to hopefully get to know each other prior to the Zoom Interview Conference. My name is Raphael Joly. I live in Vail, Colorado. Background in emergency medicine ranging from the ER, urgent care and ambulance settings for 4 years. Now I work as a Hyperbaric Safety Director and Hyperbaric Tech. This is my third time applying to MEDEX and first time interviewee. From some of the previous threads, it seemed helpful to get to know one another before the big day. I look forward to getting to know everyone. 

I wish everyone the best of luck and congrats to being invited to interview!

Hi! My name is Lindsey McLean (Geffert is my husband's last name). I live in Minot, ND currently. The idea of a group interview is intimidating so I am glad you started this thread! I am a CNA and have been since 2017. I started at an assisted living, but for the past two years have been working in Behavioral Health. (Both Peds and adult!)  This is my first time applying. I am so excited that we have this opportunity to interview! 

Good luck and/or congrats to everyone! 

Edited by LindseyGeffert

Hey guys! My name is Ty Ward. I’m from Ketchikan, Alaska but currently reside in Seattle! I have a background in a variety of speciality clinics and family practice! This is my first year  applying so this is all new for me haha I’m excited to meet everyone and would love to meet on zoom prior if others are interested. Congrats to everyone on here! 

Hello! My name is Grace and I am from Western NY. I currently work in research, but was an EMT and home health aide in college. My research focuses on how we can use technology to expand access to health care. I can schedule a Zoom meeting for those who are interested! Does Thursday October 1 at 8PM ET (4PM AKST--someone correct me if this is wrong 🙂 ) work for people? I will post the Zoom link here if so!

Guest wildalaska

Hey guys! As of right now, I plan to attend this interview. Anchorage was actually my second choice campus after Seattle, but I loved the city and Alaska. I was stationed in Fairbanks while I was in the Army as a medic. Currently living and working in my home state of Colorado as an endoscopy technician. I'll keep you updated, and try to keep October 1st open to meet up!

Guest wildalaska

I just declined my interview seat as I have been accepted to my top choice program, the University of Florida - the exact opposite of Anchorage in terms of lifestyle, climate, and location haha! Best of luck to everyone interviewing here and elsewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone. 
A big Congrats on your invite. I was in your shoes last year. 
 I was accepted to the Anchorage class and we are currently in our second term. 
I applied three times and interviewed twice, so I know the drill. 
Please let me know if you have any questions. 
Good luck Saturday. 
The best advise I can offer is to be your genuine self, and speak from the heart. 
Lisa

• Like 2