continue post-bacc or no

Hi guys!

I would appreciate some input on this. I feel as though I know the answer, but validation doesn't hurt. 

I began pursuing a post-bacc in neuroscience this past January. This was primarily to boost GPA, improve the last 60 credit hr GPA, etc. I originally majored in biology, and I didn't start out super strong in it. I took a few classes in the spring, but I was unable to take classes this summer as the classes I needed to take were removed due to covid. I have since then applied to multiple PA programs, and have received a couple of interviews, and am waitlisted somewhere also. 

All that to say, right now, I am very torn about taking classes this fall. If I were to get into a school during this fall semester, I feel as though the classes would be pointless. However, if I know by January that I haven't gotten in anywhere, and my chances are looking lower, I could start taking classes again. Thoughts? 

The answer in my head is that I should continue taking classes because I use my current pursuing of a post bacc to show my efforts in improving my application. but my brain also counteracts that with the fact that I can't justify spending all this $$$ on school. 

Edited by eventuallypac

17 hours ago, eventuallypac said:

Hi guys!

I would appreciate some input on this. I feel as though I know the answer, but validation doesn't hurt. 

I began pursuing a post-bacc in neuroscience this past January. This was primarily to boost GPA, improve the last 60 credit hr GPA, etc. I originally majored in biology, and I didn't start out super strong in it. I took a few classes in the spring, but I was unable to take classes this summer as the classes I needed to take were removed due to covid. I have since then applied to multiple PA programs, and have received a couple of interviews, and am waitlisted somewhere also. 

All that to say, right now, I am very torn about taking classes this fall. If I were to get into a school during this fall semester, I feel as though the classes would be pointless. However, if I know by January that I haven't gotten in anywhere, and my chances are looking lower, I could start taking classes again. Thoughts? 

The answer in my head is that I should continue taking classes because I use my current pursuing of a post bacc to show my efforts in improving my application. but my brain also counteracts that with the fact that I can't justify spending all this $$$ on school. 

Other than being on one wait list, it doesn't seem that much has changed in your initial calculation to take more classes to boost your desirability as an applicant. Sure, some classes went away. You might consider taking a couple of classes at your local community college. In any event, if it was me (and it isn't), I'd recommend staying the course.