Screwed up on volunteer hrs

I submitted my application in June and have already been verified. My shadowing hrs, as well as HCE hours are good as both are verified by letters. However, looking at my volunteer hours for a non-profit organization I overestimated my weeks and hours by a lot. I did have someone look at my application, and they missed it too. Not their my fault it's mine. Should I contact each school, or CASPA and ask them to fix this? Or do I hope in the grand scheme they may overlook it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mands
On 7/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, Fin2PA said:

I submitted my application in June and have already been verified. My shadowing hrs, as well as HCE hours are good as both are verified by letters. However, looking at my volunteer hours for a non-profit organization I overestimated my weeks and hours by a lot. I did have someone look at my application, and they missed it too. Not their my fault it's mine. Should I contact each school, or CASPA and ask them to fix this? Or do I hope in the grand scheme they may overlook it?

Ok SOO i ran into the same problem 😞 Basically, caspa does that thing where it automatically calculates your hours for you. I'm in the same boat where if a school asks me for verification i'll be like "welp, look there's this calculator on caspa that you can't change". However, it seems like you might have just inputted the hours & dates wrong, so it isn't an excuse on the system? I would say, it might be worse if they ask for verification.

So, a short answer turned long........it depends? Last cycle, I had a school that did not need proof of all my hours (if this was your situation, you'd be in the safe). This cycle, I have quite a few schools that require a written on official letterhead and a phone #.... however, these schools that require proof should have it listed on their website. So, take a look at your schools if they require some form of verification letter, and proceed with caution? 

• 1 year later...