Best PA path

I am a current student going for my bachelors in biology and had a question pertaining to becoming a PA. Now currently I am in beginning 3rd year of college in the fall and received my associates degree and am wondering if it would make more sense or if it’s even possible to go to a PA program after stopping school and going through an LPN certification or should I just continue my bachelors and go to PA from there? Thank you so much for your time 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mands
On 7/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, Adaniely3412 said:

I am a current student going for my bachelors in biology and had a question pertaining to becoming a PA. Now currently I am in beginning 3rd year of college in the fall and received my associates degree and am wondering if it would make more sense or if it’s even possible to go to a PA program after stopping school and going through an LPN certification or should I just continue my bachelors and go to PA from there? Thank you so much for your time 

Hi !!

Anything is possible! HOWEVER, what they don't tell you is that prereqs DO expire for some programs. I would say like 40% of programs have a 5 year time limit on prereq classes. That is, Bio 1, Bio 2, Chem 1, Chem 2, O chem, etc..... I got my associates in math & bio, and had to retake them the year before I applied because I ended up blindly doing a 1 year MPH (thereby expiring all my credits).

So, do LPN if you wish, but keep this in mind! there are other ways to get patient care hours. Like, CNA or EMT. So while you continue your bachelor's make sure that you are also doing that on top of your coursework. 🙂