GRE advice

Hey guys! I got a pretty low score on the GRE. I have a high cGPA and sGPA, as well as a good amount of PCE, but I am unsure if a low GRE score will be an issue or if I should retake it. Does anyone have an insight on the weight of this during admissions? I only have one school that I am applying to that states they have a minimum requirement. 

3 minutes ago, Kennedi said:

Hey guys! I got a pretty low score on the GRE. I have a high cGPA and sGPA, as well as a good amount of PCE, but I am unsure if a low GRE score will be an issue or if I should retake it. Does anyone have an insight on the weight of this during admissions? I only have one school that I am applying to that states they have a minimum requirement. 

Hi,

I am on the same boat. After getting a low score-last year I applied to my top two schools in the area where I live-I got an rejection and an invitation for an interview. So, I didn't get a seat in either programs. Because of financial reasons, I decided to study a lil more and retake the GRE and reapply for the new cycle, hoping to stay local. This decision is  based on the feedback from the rejected school and advises from accepted students. Funny enough a lot of graduate schools decided to not use GRE because of the pandemic and concerns regarding fairness of taking GRE at home. California has the most of the programs that don't require any test, you can take a look at that. But at the end of the day, is all on you. In my understanding, to retake the test is just a challenge and the victory of getting a seat this cycle will be so much sweeter !!!! 

Good luck!