Interview dates for Class of 2015

Guest paeducator

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! That is what I keep hearing... I'll definitely be myself but with such a short amount of time in each mini interview I just hope my nervousness doesn't make it hard for my true personality to show! I'm a confident person (but humble) but its hard to not be really nervous for such an important interview

I also received an interview for the 26th and 27th pm. Can you explain better what takes place in the multi mini interviews. I too am a confident person, but I tend to ramble when nervous in interviews. I feel if I kind of had an idea of what the "multi-mini interviews" were like, it would help settle my nerves. Do they interview by yourself or with multiple candidates together? Do they ask scientific questions that we should know about from our studies (ex. What hormones are secreted....)? Is there a written portion at the interview? I'm not looking for answers to questions, but just generally what to be prepared for.

Thank You for your help. So really there is no questions in which you need to know science. just trying to understand how you would react in different scenarios? I just had heard that some give your graphs and you have to interpret them and such. I just really want this. UTSW is by far my first choice out of the 4 I applied for and I feel as if I'm an underdog coming into the interview. My stats are not anything special but I have the passion. There is no other job I want. Ready to start.. Thanks again for your help!

To put you at ease..my stats are not stellar either. 3.6GPA with a 960 GRE (average for my class was 1100-1200). And to further put you at ease, once you get the interview your stats are of little consequence. They offered you an interview based on your application/stats and they feel based on your application that you are capable of succeeding in their program. Literally the only barrier from you getting into the program is the interview which tries to figure out if you are a good fit based on personality. Bottom line: You are qualified, they just want to know if you will fit in.

Khoi-- thats a tad discouraging to us out-of-state students! :( ...and Caj-- I was sent a letter in the mail inviting me to an interview on September 12 and my interview date is October 26-27

Nah...You don't know the context of why. It could simply be due to the fact that more Texans apply to UTSW than out of state applicants. Now that you have gotten an interview, being out of state is of little consequence. The interview is your only barrier to getting in now. I am pretty sure they consider all interviewees equally regardless of residence, otherwise why even bother offering you an interview. The year I applied, they had over 1300 applicants and invited 140 to interview. Trust me, if you got an interview you have their attention.

It's also partially because its a state school. You want to have people in the program that want to stay in Texas and support your community. We have someone from Kansas as well, and a few people that were from out of state but recently relocated to Dallas/Austin. I think we had 10 total? But like Khoi said, you got an interview, just focus on that and not statistics.

I received an email yesterday 10/24/2012. Then, the following day i received a letter invitation (same as the email) 10/25/2012. I'm suppose to fax a form saying I will be attending that came with the letter. Let me know if anyone else has an interview for November 17th.

When did you submit your CASPA?

Archived