Is it okay to get B's in PA School?

I know this probably sounds like a silly question but it's something I've been thinking about a lot going through school as the stereotypical "type A" person that a lot of us PA students are. 

I'm finishing up my 2nd quarter of didactic year and obviously the content is getting a lot more difficult than in my first 6 months of classes. I got straight A's in my first quarter but now I'm in my finals week for 2nd quarter and I'm on the hook to get 4 A's and 2 B's (in clinical medicine and physical assessment). I know you can't always expect yourself to be perfect in everything but I can't help but think about how everyone says that people will want the practitioner with all A's and not the one who had a B's or C's. Should I be concerned about how I'm performing right now as I move forward? I've been working my absolute hardest every day and trying to alter my study habits to keep up with the increasing workload but I feel like I keep falling short of how I want to do. Can anyone else who's struggled with this give some advice on how to handle it? 

Thank you so much in advance, you guys are great <3 

Brooke 

Pro-tip - no one will ever know your grades.  They won't know your GPA.  They won't know your PANCE score.  Patients want competent and kind providers.  Do that.  Be that.

Welcome to a healthy dose of reality.  I panicked the first time I didn't get an A and guess what?  Life went on and I'm not any worse off for it.  In fact, I'm probably better because I learned how to accept not being perfect.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BDevA said:

I know this probably sounds like a silly question but it's something I've been thinking about a lot going through school as the stereotypical "type A" person that a lot of us PA students are. 

I'm finishing up my 2nd quarter of didactic year and obviously the content is getting a lot more difficult than in my first 6 months of classes. I got straight A's in my first quarter but now I'm in my finals week for 2nd quarter and I'm on the hook to get 4 A's and 2 B's (in clinical medicine and physical assessment). I know you can't always expect yourself to be perfect in everything but I can't help but think about how everyone says that people will want the practitioner with all A's and not the one who had a B's or C's. Should I be concerned about how I'm performing right now as I move forward? I've been working my absolute hardest every day and trying to alter my study habits to keep up with the increasing workload but I feel like I keep falling short of how I want to do. Can anyone else who's struggled with this give some advice on how to handle it? 

Thank you so much in advance, you guys are great ❤️

Brooke 

Important life lessons: you are not a machine and the day is only 24 hours long.

A fanatical need to be perfect will not serve you well. Do the best you can and make sure to take some time to take care of you.

• Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

I've never gone to a healthcare appointment and wondered what grades my provider received during school... I never asked for their transcripts or exam grades. The only thing I cared about were that my concerns were heard and addressed in a compassionate and competent manner. If you're on your way to be that kind of provider, that's all that truly matters!