Graduation Announcement

Guest bleu818

Guest bleu818

Coming up on graduation (woohoo!) and could not be more excited. I've been wondering though, is it appropriate to send announcements? I think it's a given for high school and undergrad, but I'm afraid it seems a bit boastful or like asking for money to send them out for a Master's degree. On the other hand, many people don't know exactly what I've been working so hard for all these years and I'd like to announce that I'll be a PA.

If I send them out, how far reaching should the list be? Only close family (grandparents, aunts/uncles)? More distant relatives (cousins, brother-in-laws I don't know super well)? Old friends? People that helped me get in? Parent's friends?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Guest bleu818

Coming up on graduation (woohoo!) and could not be more excited. I've been wondering though, is it appropriate to send announcements? I think it's a given for high school and undergrad, but I'm afraid it seems a bit boastful or like asking for money to send them out for a Master's degree. On the other hand, many people don't know exactly what I've been working so hard for all these years and I'd like to announce that I'll be a PA.

If I send them out, how far reaching should the list be? Only close family (grandparents, aunts/uncles)? More distant relatives (cousins, brother-in-laws I don't know super well)? Old friends? People that helped me get in? Parent's friends?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

I chose to not send out graduation announcements for undergrad and just sent them out for my masters. If you sent them out for undergrad, I probably wouldn't send them out again this year. If you didn't, send them to everyone you would normally send them to. It helped me a good bit considering I was broke (and still am since I'm waiting on paperwork to start my job). The worst they'll do is not acknowledge the announcement. And it's okay to boast just a little bit, you did complete a hard program!

I chose to not send out graduation announcements for undergrad and just sent them out for my masters. If you sent them out for undergrad, I probably wouldn't send them out again this year. If you didn't, send them to everyone you would normally send them to. It helped me a good bit considering I was broke (and still am since I'm waiting on paperwork to start my job). The worst they'll do is not acknowledge the announcement. And it's okay to boast just a little bit, you did complete a hard program!

Archived