Extra-curriculars confusion

I am a bit confused about what to enter for extra-curriculars. Am I supposed to include  extra things I have done that aren't really related to becoming a PA like dance team and showcases, or do I leave this out because the only option I can select is volunteering and it is not necessarily volunteering but more of a hobby.

Per the CASPA Help Center, the extracurricular activities section should include "related activities you would like your selected programs to review; for example, academic clubs and competitive teams. Do not include paid work experience in this section."   

For example: membership/participation in high school debate team, chemistry club, sports teams, gay-straight alliance, etc.

CASPA describes volunteering as "volunteer work done outside of the health care field; for example, working for Habitat for Humanity, tutoring students, participating in or working for a fundraiser walk or blood drive, etc."

You are correct that qualifying activities/experiences may not be directly related to healthcare, patient care or becoming a PA.  You may still wish to include such experiences though, as they may serve to illustrate other important aspects of your experience and character (e.g. civic-mindedness, teamwork, etc.).

I personally would not consider hobbies performed in your free time (e.g. hiking, painting, yoga) to be qualifying experiences under either category.  I would consider those simply personal interests.

Hope that helps, and good luck!