Any"English as foreign language" with a Bachelor from outside US PA students?

Hi all. I guess this topic is best fit in the PA student section because I want to know if there is any success of "English as foreign language" with a Bachelor degree from outside U.S.? I came from China and have been living in U.S. for 6 years. I got my bachelor degree from China majored in Chinese literature with a VERY LOW OVERALL GPA. By saying"very low" I mean after the ECE evaluated my bachelor degree, my overall GPA is only2.09. It was 160 credits in China but euqal 126.5 credits only in America. Most of classes, after ECE eval, were Pass,D. No A at all. College English was the only one that graded "C". I had two years medical assistant program in America totaled 43 credits with overall GPA about 3.9. The reason my so low bachelor GPA was because I was not interesed in my major at all. But I did like medical field, so I did pretty good for the two-year MA program. Right now I am taking pre-reqs. I will need 27-30 credits pre-reqs courses.

I want to know are there any current PA students who had the similiar situation with me when you applied? If so, would you please give me some advice? Do those school consider you outside U.S. bachelor GPA? Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you all!

Hi all. I guess this topic is best fit in the PA student section because I want to know if there is any success of "English as foreign language" with a Bachelor degree from outside U.S.? I came from China and have been living in U.S. for 6 years. I got my bachelor degree from China majored in Chinese literature with a VERY LOW OVERALL GPA. By saying"very low" I mean after the ECE evaluated my bachelor degree, my overall GPA is only2.09. It was 160 credits in China but euqal 126.5 credits only in America. Most of classes, after ECE eval, were Pass,D. No A at all. College English was the only one that graded "C". I had two years medical assistant program in America totaled 43 credits with overall GPA about 3.9. The reason my so low bachelor GPA was because I was not interesed in my major at all. But I did like medical field, so I did pretty good for the two-year MA program. Right now I am taking pre-reqs. I will need 27-30 credits pre-reqs courses.

I want to know are there any current PA students who had the similiar situation with me when you applied? If so, would you please give me some advice? Do those school consider you outside U.S. bachelor GPA? Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you all!

Hello sijia,

I got my Bachelor's Degree from Manila. I had a pretty good GPA (3.45 according to CASPA). I preferred to apply as somebody whose first language is English, because it was. My parents spoke to us in English first, until we started going to school, and then we became bilingual. Furthermore, most of my subjects in school were taught in English.

If you would like to be competitive, my advice to you is to find a college that would take your best course grades and give you transfer credits towards a degree from that particular college, that is, if it does not take forever and if you're willing to put in the time and the work for a new degree (especially if your current grades are better). I haven't seen any PA School accepting of an overall undergraduate GPA lower than 2.75. If you are very fluent in English, then go ahead and choose English as your first language, but you have to be honest.

Best of luck!

Archived