Advice today please!!!

So RRCC application deadline is today and I am having a really difficult time deciding whether or not to apply. I found out just a short couple weeks ago that their application deadline had moved up from September last year to the middle of June this year. Neeless to say I was caught off guard. I have pretty much everything in order, but I am just not certain of my personal statement. I applied to just one school last year (not RRCC) and did not get in. I know they suggest to rewrite your personal statement but I have only had the time to tweak my statement from last year. I would love to rework some of the statement and better include my new position at the hospital as well as some other help I do. However, I would really like to apply to the school and think I have a chance to get in. Do I take the chance and go for it with some uncertainty about my statement, or take the extra time and pass on applying? I know it sounds like a personal problem but if anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences I would really appreciate some insight.

So RRCC application deadline is today and I am having a really difficult time deciding whether or not to apply. I found out just a short couple weeks ago that their application deadline had moved up from September last year to the middle of June this year. Neeless to say I was caught off guard. I have pretty much everything in order, but I am just not certain of my personal statement. I applied to just one school last year (not RRCC) and did not get in. I know they suggest to rewrite your personal statement but I have only had the time to tweak my statement from last year. I would love to rework some of the statement and better include my new position at the hospital as well as some other help I do. However, I would really like to apply to the school and think I have a chance to get in. Do I take the chance and go for it with some uncertainty about my statement, or take the extra time and pass on applying? I know it sounds like a personal problem but if anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences I would really appreciate some insight.

Thank you for your advice briepm. You are absolutely right about that. I suppose my worry is that I could possibly give myself a more convincing statement of purpose if I took some time and reworked it. I guess that could also go the other way as well though. And the issue is that whatever I submit to CASPA would go to all the other school I plan on applying to for this session....Too bad you can't change your statement of purpose for each school. Then there would be no issue.

Thank you for your advice briepm. You are absolutely right about that. I suppose my worry is that I could possibly give myself a more convincing statement of purpose if I took some time and reworked it. I guess that could also go the other way as well though. And the issue is that whatever I submit to CASPA would go to all the other school I plan on applying to for this session....Too bad you can't change your statement of purpose for each school. Then there would be no issue.

If you're trying to get into the same school that you applied to last time, then tweak it & submit. If the question is the same, then you are not expected to come up with a totally different response from beginning to end. Edit, update, submit. You don't have much time left...

If you're trying to get into the same school that you applied to last time, then tweak it & submit. If the question is the same, then you are not expected to come up with a totally different response from beginning to end. Edit, update, submit. You don't have much time left...

Thank you for your help guys. Yes the reason I did not get in last year was due to my gpa as well as my healthcare experience. I did not get an interview. The admissions counselor from the school I applied said I should continue taking upper level classes and do A work, which I have been doing part time. In addition, she said that though I have been working in the healthcare field, I needed more direct patient contact. I also took care of that by getting promoted to a new position at the hospital with plenty of patient interaction. So I'm hoping my upward trend will entice some schools to take a look at me and at least give me an interview. As for the statement of purpose, I think I'm going to take your advice, tweak, and submit. Hopefully some schools out there can see my initiative. Thanks again.

Thank you for your help guys. Yes the reason I did not get in last year was due to my gpa as well as my healthcare experience. I did not get an interview. The admissions counselor from the school I applied said I should continue taking upper level classes and do A work, which I have been doing part time. In addition, she said that though I have been working in the healthcare field, I needed more direct patient contact. I also took care of that by getting promoted to a new position at the hospital with plenty of patient interaction. So I'm hoping my upward trend will entice some schools to take a look at me and at least give me an interview. As for the statement of purpose, I think I'm going to take your advice, tweak, and submit. Hopefully some schools out there can see my initiative. Thanks again.

Archived