Chemistry classes- Am I on the right path?

Hi everyone, 

I'm a non-traditional applicant who started prerequisites classes this year. I'm applying to a couple of schools that have the following requirements:

School 1- 2 Chem classes, one being biochem or organic, preferably both.

School 2- intro or general chem with lab

- Gen or Intro Biochem, or Organic with lab

What I didn't know was that I needed general 1 AND 2, to be able to take organic or Biochem. Is that right everywhere?

So my plan is to to take Gen chem 1 and 2 over the summer, to then take biochem (frankly bc no lab and the timing works better for me, but I've heard it's much harder).

Thoughts? Am I crazy for taking these chem classes online? Crazy for biochem before organic? Thanks for any insight!

All universities require you to take General Chemistry 1 and 2 before you take either organic or biochemistry because it's a foundational class. However,  I feel like I didn't really use anything I learned in general chemistry for biochemistry. Some schools might even require you to take organic before biochem. It's all school dependent just check your school. It is definitely doable to take general chemistry 1 and 2 over the summer! You just need to be diligent. Hope this helps!