Already accepted but got invited to another interview

I am in a bit of a dilemma here...

I got accepted to Drexel for Fall. I accepted and paid the deposit ($500).

Today I get invited to attend EVMS interview. To go or not to go? EVMS is closer to home but I would be done sooner if I go to Drexel. The tuition is about the same, so that is not an issue...

Has anyone been in the same situation? I know it is a good dilemma to have, but still! LOL :)

Today I get invited to attend EVMS interview. To go or not to go? EVMS is closer to home but I would be done sooner if I go to Drexel. The tuition is about the same, so that is not an issue...

Has anyone been in the same situation? I know it is a good dilemma to have, but still! LOL :)

theres lots of things to think about other than tuition. is EVMS close enough to home where you can live at home and save money? which program is better? which has better faculty... which has better rotation sites? also, its always best to do rotations in the area you want to work after you graduate so you can make connects.. which school would allow you to do that?

theres lots of things to think about other than tuition. is EVMS close enough to home where you can live at home and save money? which program is better? which has better faculty... which has better rotation sites? also, its always best to do rotations in the area you want to work after you graduate so you can make connects.. which school would allow you to do that?

I would say go to the interview if you think you're interested and just see how things go. You may or may not end up liking EVMS as much as Drexel.

I ended up burning a $1k deposit when my first choice school accepted me, but it was a much better choice for me - first choice school was actually cheaper and has a better rep than the program I originally had planned to attend.

I would say go to the interview if you think you're interested and just see how things go. You may or may not end up liking EVMS as much as Drexel.

I ended up burning a $1k deposit when my first choice school accepted me, but it was a much better choice for me - first choice school was actually cheaper and has a better rep than the program I originally had planned to attend.

Nope EVMS is not close enough to live at home. Drexel actually has rotations all over the East coast, including ER rotation in the hospital I am working at right now, so that really attracts me :).

Nope EVMS is not close enough to live at home. Drexel actually has rotations all over the East coast, including ER rotation in the hospital I am working at right now, so that really attracts me :).

I actually declined :). I decided that Drexel was a better choice for me and going to interview "just because" isn't worth the effort. I'd rather spend that energy on reviewing anatomy :)

I actually declined :). I decided that Drexel was a better choice for me and going to interview "just because" isn't worth the effort. I'd rather spend that energy on reviewing anatomy :)

I agree with winterallsummer. I was accepted to the school I will be attending before even interviewing at the 2nd school I applied to. I decided to go to the other interview anyway, even though I was pretty sure I preferred the 1st school. I knew within 30 minutes of being at school #2 that I did not want to go there at all. It's a good thing since I wasn't accepted LOL! I do wonder sometimes if I gave off an "I don't want to go here" vibe and if I would have been accepted had I interviewed there first. But, in the end it doesn't matter because I am happy with my choice and I am glad I went to the other interview because it confirmed my decision.

ETA- we were posting at the same time. I just saw your decision- good for you. If you are that sure, then no need to waste your time!

Archived