Improving my application?

Just wanted to run some numbers by everyone and get their opinion.

Currently, my cummulative GPA is a 3.5 (I graduated cum laude but CASPA calculations weighed it down) and my science GPA is a flat 2.98. I didn't take biology seriously my freshman year (retook both parts and made A and B) and have been taking upper level classes to raise my GPA (i'm a classic "B" science student but do earn A's, working on as many as I can). I'm currently taking Pathophysiology and will be taking Genetics, Parisitology, and a fluff science (enviromental). Undoubtedly I'll be raising my science GPA with these courses. I've recently been certified as a CNA and received an EKG certification so starting this August I'll be working on getting my HCE. Additionally, I'm preparing to take the GRE this September.

The breakdown goes like this. I'm guessing that I'll have a 3.2-3.3 for sGPA, a 3.5-3.6 for my cummulative GPA, and around 1,000 hours of health care experience. I'm applying to all of the programs in Texas (home state) and to 16 programs out of state. Does anyone know what more I can be doing to make sure I have the best shot at getting in first round? I know my science GPA is weak but I'm doing what I can to improve it by taking upper level sciences and doing well in them. Should I add in volunteering, join any professional organizations to augment my application (I have a huge amount of extracurriculars from college but I know those are fairly useless)? I'm nervous that my scores are simply too weak and would like an honest answer from those of you who have been there. Thanks for any and all info guys.

Currently, my cummulative GPA is a 3.5 (I graduated cum laude but CASPA calculations weighed it down) and my science GPA is a flat 2.98. I didn't take biology seriously my freshman year (retook both parts and made A and B) and have been taking upper level classes to raise my GPA (i'm a classic "B" science student but do earn A's, working on as many as I can). I'm currently taking Pathophysiology and will be taking Genetics, Parisitology, and a fluff science (enviromental). Undoubtedly I'll be raising my science GPA with these courses. I've recently been certified as a CNA and received an EKG certification so starting this August I'll be working on getting my HCE. Additionally, I'm preparing to take the GRE this September.

The breakdown goes like this. I'm guessing that I'll have a 3.2-3.3 for sGPA, a 3.5-3.6 for my cummulative GPA, and around 1,000 hours of health care experience. I'm applying to all of the programs in Texas (home state) and to 16 programs out of state. Does anyone know what more I can be doing to make sure I have the best shot at getting in first round? I know my science GPA is weak but I'm doing what I can to improve it by taking upper level sciences and doing well in them. Should I add in volunteering, join any professional organizations to augment my application (I have a huge amount of extracurriculars from college but I know those are fairly useless)? I'm nervous that my scores are simply too weak and would like an honest answer from those of you who have been there. Thanks for any and all info guys.

Archived