CASPA Crushed my Dreams

I thought I had a decently competitive GPA (3.6, junior year 3.5 and Senior 3.7). After CASPA calculated all my jacked up grades from when I was 18 and 19 and did not know what I wanted to do etc, CASPA showed I have a 3.02!

Has anyone ever been accepted into well known university in this situation?

I thought I had a decently competitive GPA (3.6, junior year 3.5 and Senior 3.7). After CASPA calculated all my jacked up grades from when I was 18 and 19 and did not know what I wanted to do etc, CASPA showed I have a 3.02!

Trends are important, will also depend on a few other things, what is the B.S. in? It's good it's still above a 3.0 as some schools would cut the app before even looking at rends. A Science GPA above 3.0 with strong work in the core classes (Bio's, Chem's, Micro, etc...) and a trend for the best at the end, you should be OK, won't be a walk in the park but touch on reasoning behind the lower grades in the beginning in your narrative. Also, don't be afraid to apply to a lot of schools, get your application out there, each school has their own "grading system", good luck!

Trends are important, will also depend on a few other things, what is the B.S. in? It's good it's still above a 3.0 as some schools would cut the app before even looking at rends. A Science GPA above 3.0 with strong work in the core classes (Bio's, Chem's, Micro, etc...) and a trend for the best at the end, you should be OK, won't be a walk in the park but touch on reasoning behind the lower grades in the beginning in your narrative. Also, don't be afraid to apply to a lot of schools, get your application out there, each school has their own "grading system", good luck!

Archived