Running for class office/ class president?

I'm class pres. I had already volunteered to send prof's powerpoints out to the students, created a texting "tree" in my phone for communication, etc, before we voted on class president, so I was already doing some of the jobs before I was elected. Like the poster above, I attend faculty meetings as a student representative. I communicate the student needs/questions to the faculty, and communicate from the faculty back to the students. Sometimes it's tough... you get caught in the middle where either the students are irritated with you or you feel like the staff will be frustrated with you.... it's a "middle management" kind of feeling. But, it's also rewarding knowing that you are getting things done, making things better for your classmates, etc. Delegation is key, otherwise you will get overwhelmed. Not sure what the long term benefits are, other than showing leadership skills and the pride in knowing you helped out with the success of your class.

I'm class pres. I had already volunteered to send prof's powerpoints out to the students, created a texting "tree" in my phone for communication, etc, before we voted on class president, so I was already doing some of the jobs before I was elected. Like the poster above, I attend faculty meetings as a student representative. I communicate the student needs/questions to the faculty, and communicate from the faculty back to the students. Sometimes it's tough... you get caught in the middle where either the students are irritated with you or you feel like the staff will be frustrated with you.... it's a "middle management" kind of feeling. But, it's also rewarding knowing that you are getting things done, making things better for your classmates, etc. Delegation is key, otherwise you will get overwhelmed. Not sure what the long term benefits are, other than showing leadership skills and the pride in knowing you helped out with the success of your class.

Archived