Chemistry struggles

I am a freshman undergrad and taking intro to bio and gen chem 1 w/ labs. I'm struggling real hard with chem with the math proportion. I tried tutoring and practice a lot and still, I sometimes don't even understand what the question is asking for. I'm wondering if Pa isn't for me anymore since I can't do gen chem and it will get harder with higher chem classes. Any advice? 

I am a freshman undergrad and taking intro to bio and gen chem 1 w/ labs. I'm struggling real hard with chem with the math proportion. I tried tutoring and practice a lot and still, I sometimes don't even understand what the question is asking for. I'm wondering if Pa isn't for me anymore since I can't do gen chem and it will get harder with higher chem classes. Any advice? 

Everyone has concepts they have trouble learning. Don’t doubt yourself nor project the chances of future problems. Just work the problem in front of you now, nothing more and nothing less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:30 PM, kpup said:

When advising and counseling students, I have heard this type of situation often.  What you are going through is part of the reason that I changed the format of my online and on-ground courses to a collaborative model.  All of my tests, quizzes, finals, etc. are open book, open notes, open internet, no time limit to complete and collaboration with others (such as peers, tutors, teachers, etc.) is encouraged.  I think students like yourself would benefit from this type of approach in comparison to the traditional approach.  Science education research has shown that the collaborative approach gives better learning outcome such as (a) better understanding (b) higher grades, and (c) longer retention than the traditional approach.