PA LOR and shadowing

I'm starting to freak out a bit. I have everything ready on my CASPA application, except the letter from a PA or MD. I worked in a physical therapy clinic and all the PT's are willing to give me letters. I volunteer as a nurse's aide and all the nurses are willing to give me a letter. But, I don't know any PA's or MD's. I've tried a few places in Portland, OR for shadowing to get a LOR, but every single one has shot me down saying they don't allow it anymore due to the overwhelming volume of requests.One PA was even a friend of a friend and happy and willing to let me shadow, but the office manager wouldn't allow it!

I went on PA Shadow Online and found a few PA's in the Portland area, but their info was no longer valid and I couldn't contact them. So, now I'm looking toward going to my hometown to shadow since it's a smaller town and they allow Pre-PA students to shadow. But, I feel like I've exhausted all my options and if this doesn't work, what do I do???? All the schools I'm applying to require a PA recommendation.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know a PA in Portland, OR?

Sorry, this may sound awfully pleading, but this is the ONLY thing holding me back on my application.

Thanks,

Allison

Archived