PA School Prerequisites

Hello!

I am currently a senior attending a California state university trying to fulfill the prerequisites needed for PA schools in the future. My major is health science and my concern is that the biology classes I took are "introduction" classes; intro to cell molecular bio (BIOL 211), intro to evolution/diversity (BIOL 212), and an online genetics class that I took at a community college. Will PA schools look down upon these classes as they are not "upper division classes", or yet even accept them? Thank you in advance for the responses!

My advise is to call/ email the admissions program directly at 3-5 of your most suitable schools and get a general feel from them if they would accept them. Most schools I have emailed typically get back to you in 1-2 days. If they send you a short response, don't be afraid to push them for specifics. Use an email that is divorced from your name if you are hesitant. In my experience Bio, Chem, and A+P, need to be the traditional ones offered at your school, but BioChem, Genetics, etc.. .do not necessarily need to be upper division, aka 300+, to satisfy the pre-requisite requirement.